Local government, Not-for-profits and small business each have an opportunity to access funding under this package.
The footprint for the RJIP is Douglas Shire Council, Cairns Regional Council and Yarrabah Aboriginal Shire Council areas.
Projects must be located within the RJIP region or you must be able to demonstrate that your project will directly benefit the RJIP region.
Seven industry sectors are targeted for growth under the package:
- Creative arts and Cultural industries
- Building and Construction
- Defence and Marine (supply chain)
- Education and training
- Business services supporting the above
Applications are currently open and close on 15 August 2017.
An overview of the package is provided below and further information available at business.gov.au/RJIP
Regional Jobs and Investment Packages – Tropical North Queensland
The Australian Government is investing $220 million in the Regional Jobs and Investment Packages (RJIP) to help diversify regional economies, stimulate economic growth and deliver sustainable employment in ten pilot regions.
The Minister for Regional Development, the Hon Fiona Nash MP published the local investment plan for the Tropical North Queensland region on 19 May 2017.
Applications opened on 31 May 2017 and close on 15 August 2017.
Three streams of funding are available under the program:
- Grants are for local government bodies and agencies and not for profit organisations to invest in new or upgraded infrastructure projects. These projects will capitalise on opportunities for growth, deliver long-term economic benefits to regional communities, and create jobs.
- Grants will enable business to build scale and capability to be competitive in new or growing markets that create sustainable employment.
Skills and training
- Grants will provide funding to local government bodies and agencies and not for profit organisations. These projects will support training and upskilling of the regional workforce to meet regional priorities, take advantage of emerging opportunities and withstand major labour market changes.
Projects must align with the Local Investment Plan prepared by the Local Planning Committee for TNQ.
Please contact Kay Strong, AusIndustry, with any queries – (07) 4750 2781 – email@example.com.