Round One announcements:
Infrastructure Projects Stream (announced 4 Aug 2017):
- Nationwide 545 applications were received requesting $998.1m, with 110 projects approved to the value of $219.5m.
- There were 22 applications from the Far North Qld and Torres Strait region with four of these being funding to the value of $8.1 million equating to 4% of the national and 13% of the Qld allocation:
1. Reef Rainforest Research Centre – Education Centre at Cairns Aquarium
BBRF investment: $995,000- Total Project Value: $1.995,000
2. Spinal Life Australia – Spinal Life Healthy Living Centre
BBRF Investment: $4.4m – Total Project Value: $8.8m
3. Douglas Shire Council – Noah Creek Bridge Renewal
BBRF Investment: $1,125,000 – Total Project Value: $1.5m
4. Mapoon Aboriginal Shire Council – Mapoon Accommodation Project
BBRF Investment: $1,564,646 – Total Project Value: $1,664,646
Community Investment Stream (announced 22 Sept 2017):
- Nationwide 390 applications received, 142 successful projects funded with a total of $6.9M invested across the nation.
- The Far North Qld and Torres Strait region performed strongly with six successful projects securing $432,000 of BBRF funding to deliver a total project value of over $800,000.
- Napranum Aboriginal Shire Council – Western Cape Cultural Festival
BBRF Investment: $100,000 – Total Project Value: $100,000
- Cairns Regional Council – Youth Urban Art Project
BBRF Investment: $65,000 – Total Project Value:$154,000
- Cassowary Coast Regional Council – Strategic Plan to support events & activities around the Tully River
BBRF Investment: $40,000 – Total Project Value: $60,000
- Just Us Theatre Ensemble – Changing Young Indigenous Lives Through Theatre – Bamaga
BBRF Investment: $87,389 – Total Project Value: $286,706
- Northern Peninsula Area Regional Council – 2018 Cultural Festival NPA – Bamaga
BBRF Investment: $100,000 – Total Project Value: $150,000
- Dr Edward Koch Foundation – Cape York Life Program Suicide Awareness & Prevention Workshops
BBRF Investment: $39,562 – Total Project Value: $52,750
There are two streams of funding available under the program:
- Infrastructure Projects Stream – applications Round 1 closed 28 February.
- Community Investments Stream – applications Round 2 closed 31 March
The Infrastructure Projects Stream will support projects which involve the construction of new infrastructure, or the upgrade or extension of existing infrastructure that provide economic and social benefits to regional and remote areas.
You can apply for a minimum grant of $20,000 and a maximum grant of $10 million.
The Community Investments Stream will fund community building activities, including but not limited to, new or expanded local events, strategic regional plans, and leadership and capability building activities. These projects will deliver economic and social benefits to regional and remote communities.
The minimum grant amount is $5,000 and the maximum grant amount is $10 million, however given the nature of eligible projects we expect most grants will be under $100,000