- We are a Federal Government initiative, an independent partnership between three levels of government brought about to engage, represent and drive the needs of FNQ&TS.
- A diverse group of regional leaders drives the RDA FNQ&TS.
- Our work is inspired by our community and its long-term strategic priorities – we act on community advice.
- Together with the community we identify and drive the key things that need to happen for our region’s future wellbeing.
- Our core business is to engage the community and to inform governments of regional priorities / greatest needs.
- We provide the regional Roadmap that provides everyone with the guidance they need for the big picture plans of the region.
- We enable and support other key groups to initiate change.
The Committee reviews the Road Map annually to ensure it is consistent with current and future issues, priorities and goals for the region. The Regional Road Map review process includes:
1. Synthesis of all community plans against the Regional Road Map to understand the alignment and anomolies;
2. Full review of the synthesis by the RDA FNQ&TS committee to stakeholders to:
- Ensure regional issues, goals and priorities are current and the related priorities/actions are appropriate;
- Report on the progress of the strategic actions and key performance indicators;
- Contribute additional information if available; and
- Evaluate the effectiveness and relevance of the information provided in the Regional Road Map and update as required.
3. Approval and endorsement by Commonwealth and State governments;
4. Continuous support for implementation of the key actions and initiatives in the document as a regular agenda item for committee meetings and in accordance with the RDA FNQ&TS Business Plan.
- We bring together, lead and support the many agencies, organizations, and individuals of our region, which are focussed on improving the long-term sustainable growth, prosperity and well-being of our region.
- It took one year to collect all the right evidence to create the regional Roadmap, which is the blueprint for government investment in our region.
- We form leadership groups to provide advice and guidance about key strategic priorities contained in the Roadmap – this group then drives implementation of priorities.
- To facilitate communication between the community and government, to be the reference point for both community and government.
- To assist the region to develop goals within a business planning and budgetary cycle framework to present to government.
- To mobilise community to deliver key initiatives contained in the Roadmap.
- Only RDA FNQ&TS takes a genuine regional quadruple bottom-line approach, a key consideration of Federal government looking to invest in strategies and projects of biggest impact or benefit for the entire region.
- RDA FNQ&TS is a one-stop shop for regional development and anyone seeking government assistance or approval for a development initiative can be served by working with RDA FNQ&TS to streamline processes and connect with relevant individuals and organisations.
- We oversee the region’s most important planning document – the regional Roadmap that determines the government priority projects for funding, regulatory reform and policy shaping.
- We are determined to advocate and champion the regional story – to ensure governments know loud and clear the issues impacting FNQ &TS and what needs to be done.
- We take an inter-generational view of strategic infrastructure investment and employability to ensure that our grandchildren continue to enjoy the FNQ&TS lifestyle with enhanced prosperity. We take a long-term view – well beyond any election.
- We have 11 clearly defined priority areas that we are progressing with strong community leadership teams. These areas are:
Regional Connectivity (infrastructure and NBN)
Tourism and Aviation Futures
Business and Resources Growth
Strong Local Governance
Energy and Water Transformations
Land and Sea Livelihoods
Social Planning & Development and Remote Service Delivery
RDA FNQ&TS works with individuals, community groups, social service providers, NRM boards, Traditional Owner groups, government agencies and development agencies working on regional development initiatives to ensure all are working towards a common goal as outlined by the community in the regional Roadmap.
- Genuine engagement and consolidation of regional priorities.
- A realistic strategy for implementing the Regional Roadmap.
- The RDA provides a single point of contact or one stop shop for regional development and for individuals and agencies driving regional development initiatives.
- RDA can draw on direct links with government and negotiating power to help streamline pathways or advocate to progress significant big picture initiatives
- RDA champions the realignment of resources to those areas of greatest risk and potential.
- We advocate for (NSRF) Federal funds to be invested in FNQ&TS.
- We are the only agency, which crosses regional boundaries and collaborates with neighbouring regions (ie Northern Qld Regional Development Initiative (NQRDI) and Northern Australia Alliance (NAA) to the benefit of FNQ&TS.
- No. Only RDA FNQ&TS represents the ‘whole of region’ and takes a quadruple bottom-line focus.
- Our key role is to bring together the disparate views within the region.
- We are not stepping on, we are stepping up, to make sure the voices of all the organizations working for FNQ&TS’s future are heard – for the best long term interest of the region.
- We’ve been invited onto the turf to make sure everybody has a workable framework when bringing forward important public initiatives for funding in the region.
- Only RDA FNQ&TS can mount region-wide, cross-sectoral policy positions and regulatory reform requirements based on direct community collaboration and access to evidence-based regional data.
- Only RDA FNQ&TS has binding partnerships with both Commonwealth and State governments, which allows us to influence key regional issues that affect business profitability, social service delivery and environmental asset management.
- Only RDA FNQ&TS works with neighbouring regions (both in Qld and across Northern Australia) to deliver increased investment to FNQ&TS, enhanced export capability, joint approaches to resource management and collaborative solutions to social issues.
- Only RDA FNQ&TS has a compelling stable of thinkers from across the entire region who provide invaluable practical insights into workable solutions.
- Only RDA FNQ&TS is the region’s only one-stop shop for quadruple-bottom line regional development.
- Only RDA FNQ&TS coordinated community and industry groups to develop a united Roadmap for the region.
- Only RDA FNQ&TS oversees the development and implementation of important whole-of-region development strategies such as Climate Adaptation, Agricultural Futures, Remote Service Reform and Energy and Water Transformations.
The Australian Government is accepting nominations to fill casual vacancies from people with the capabilities and expertise to contribute to the development and growth of regional Australia. These nominations will be considered for casual vacancies as they arise. Nominations through the public expression of interest process will also be considered for appointment to a casual vacancy.
Interested members of the community can apply to fill these casual vacancies by completing the attached Expression of Interest form found on the Join your RDA page.